Comment: Handheld <span class="highlight">Satellite</span> <span class="highlight">Phone</span> Solutions for Travellers

The satellite phone article mentions "Iridium NEXT", an upcoming major upgrade to Iridium service, but states no details could be found. This website provides a full explanation of NEXT:http://www.iridium.com/about/iridiumnext.aspx
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: ExplorOz Team - Michelle - Monday, Sep 30, 2013 at 13:24

Monday, Sep 30, 2013 at 13:24
Yes Candice I was aware of that page but didn't feel it explained the features of NEXT in sufficient detail to provide substance in the article. Seems more like marketing than technical facts.
Michelle Martin
Marketing & Customer Support
I.T. Beyond Pty Ltd / ExplorOz

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 518953

Follow Up By: member - mazcan - Monday, Sep 30, 2013 at 13:39

Monday, Sep 30, 2013 at 13:39
hi michelle
I don't know if the forum posting rules have been changed maybe they have
can you confirm that
but this is the 3rd time in 3 days this topic has been discussed using a new thread with the same heading
thread 104499
thread 10513+this one ???? curious
cheers barry
FollowupID: 798905

Follow Up By: member - mazcan - Monday, Sep 30, 2013 at 13:57

Monday, Sep 30, 2013 at 13:57
hi
while looking back through previous threads as I was off the radar for a few days last week
I just discovered thread
104492 is also the same topic as others mentioned above
so i am now more or less convinced that posting replies -rules must have changed
but await confirmation
cheers
FollowupID: 798908

Follow Up By: ExplorOz Team - Michelle - Monday, Sep 30, 2013 at 14:08

Monday, Sep 30, 2013 at 14:08
These are all threads started by different people who have read the article and posted a comment in the article (that in turn starts the new threads).
Michelle Martin

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 798909

Follow Up By: member - mazcan - Monday, Sep 30, 2013 at 14:31

Monday, Sep 30, 2013 at 14:31
thanks michelle
never knew that
always believed we had to go back to the original thread to make a comment even if we didn't start the thread

L s e d
cheers
FollowupID: 798911

Follow Up By: ExplorOz Team - Michelle - Tuesday, Oct 01, 2013 at 12:20

Tuesday, Oct 01, 2013 at 12:20
Sure you're not confused? Nothing new there. This particular issue is not related to the Forum. This is related to people submitting feedback to "Articles" we've prepared and published to the Article section of the site. You do realise that these feedbacks/comments are duplicated to the Forum - this is not new? There has been no shift in Forum Rules.

As a Forum regular, you might wish to identify which threads have been auto-generated from the Article feedback system - and here's how.... look at the style of the post title - if it's come from the Article feedback system it will say "Comment: article title" and the article will be cross-referenced in a box in the RH side.

We have other threads that are auto-generated in the Forum too, such as the Birthday post.

This cross-linking between our articles and the Forum discussions keeps everything nicely together. If you go back to an article you can see a list of all the related Forum posts on that subject that have occurred.
Michelle Martin

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 798951

Reply By: Skulldug - Monday, Sep 30, 2013 at 14:26

Monday, Sep 30, 2013 at 14:26
Thanks Candace S,

I was pleased to read that it will enhance the current Iridium network, not replace it and that it will be backward compatible with existing hardware.

I hate the way the IT industries find new and wonderful ways of making your once expensive gadget obsolete.

Skull
AnswerID: 518956

Follow Up By: ExplorOz Team - Michelle - Tuesday, Oct 01, 2013 at 12:23

Tuesday, Oct 01, 2013 at 12:23
..."making your once expensive gadget obsolete"...
Yes, how very true!!
Michelle Martin

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 798952

Sponsored Links